Stormdancer Cruises - Programme & Availability
You will receive a warm welcome as individuals, couples or groups.
Cruises are all different, reflecting your wishes and the practicality of wind and tide.
Charter the Whole Boat to have complete freedom to choose the itinerary and pace of holiday to suit you.
In 2023, we spent several weeks in the Outer Hebrides, based out of Stornoway, with the opportunity to explore both east and west coasts of Harris and Lewis as well as the mainland coast at the Summer Isles, Loch Ewe, Raasay, Skye, Gairloch, Loch Laxford etc.
We were also able, post- Covid, to return to our traditional base of Tobermory on the Isle of Mull.
For 2024, we start in the Firth of Clyde before heading north to the Inner Hebrides, Oban and Tobermory. This year, we will spend a little less time in the Outer Hebrides, though we will still visit Stornoway and hope to sail out to St Kilda, but head north around Cape Wrath to Orkney. Having missed Shetland in 2023, we are looking forward to the pasage north to Lerwick, possibly via Fair Isle. The return to the West Coast is planned through the Caledonian Canal, which has proved a very popular trip the last two years.
Points to Note
- Where cruises have 4 spaces there are no bookings i.e. the whole boat can be chartered.
- Cruises normally start at 14.00 on the first day and finish at 11.00 on the last.
- * = UK bank holiday this week.
- Your cruise price includes all meals prepared on board.
- Meals on board have been widely praised by previous guests and feature freshly prepared and locally sourced ingredients. A three course evening meal with wine is served along with breakfast, lunch and regular hot drinks and snacks during the day. The most frequent complaint is of needing to ease the belt a notch after a week on board.
- On eight night cruises, one of the evening meals will be a simple 'cupboard meal' on the assumption that guests may like to dine ashore on one evening during the week.
- Prices are all inclusive i.e. bedding (sheets, duvets and pillows), towels, waterproofs (good quality “breathable”), safety equipment, fuel, berthing and, when applicable, RYA certificates and use of teaching books, plotters etc.
- Normally a maximum of four guests.
- The Whole Boat price is the price shown multiplied by 4.
Discounts are available as follows:
Payment made (and all admin complete) by the end of March or four months before the cruise whichever is earlier
Booking for two or more weeks
Payment is made into a Client Account and released on completion of the holiday.
"I had a great time and enjoyed this trip immensely. Beautiful landscape and seascape, good company, excellent accommodation and good host.”
Marijke, Experienced, Holland
“If you want to sail the Western Isles, this is who to book with. Thanks Richard, I’ll be back.
Chris, Experienced, Edinburgh
“The flexibility to plan the itinerary around our daily trips was brilliant.”
Sascha, Beginner, Germany
“From hearty breakfast to the single malt at night, in great company with wind, sunshine and blue water. Perfect.”
Tamas, Advanced, Hungary
“We sailed at every opportunity. Brilliant.”
Fred, Beginner, England
“Adventure in a safe pair of hands on a well-equipped, lovely boat.”
Sarah, Experienced, Exeter
"Thank you also for looking after us so well as always."
Jane, Frequent Guest, Edinburgh